"There They Go Stirring Up Trouble"
Acts 17:1-10 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
A sermon given in memory of Rev. C. T. Vivian and Congressman John Lewis
- Faith is not just for you to feel good in the moment but for you to do good in a movement
- There are a lot of Christians who have a "not to be taken from the church" mentality
- You cannot separate their (C. T. Vivian & John Lewis) social activism from their spiritual anointing
- A whole lot of us are good but are good for nothing
- Those who were plugged into the cross made a difference in this world
- When you are plugged into the power of the cross, God will make sure you are not good for nothing
- When others reject you, God redirects you
- When you get into Good Trouble, you get in a collision course with the custodians of the status quo
- What is your North Star?
- Jesus' name gives you value
- Jesus' resurrection is our insurrection against anything that knocks us down or holds us back
- When you know God for yourself you not in bed with the empire
- Persevere in spite of!
- you have a between the lines shout
- God shows up in the lion's den
- You may not know how things will turn out but you do know who can turn things out
- The power of heaven can overcome systems of hell